There should be some non-negotiables on which you must never compromise. In particular, make certain that the church is committed to:
- The Bible as the fully inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- That God is exalted as holy, sovereign and all-wise.
- That salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- That there is solid, biblical, expository preaching and teaching.
- That the church recognizes its duty to evangelize its own community and those around the world through missionary efforts.
- That it teaches and insists upon holiness among its membership.
- That it is characterized by a love toward both the saved and the lost.
- That it both feeds and protects the flock.
- That it encourages genuine fellowship among its members.
- That it is a church that prays, recognizing its absolute dependence upon the grace of God.
- That it is a vibrant, joyful Christian fellowship.
(Curtis Thomas: Taken from- Life in the Body of Christ) [Picture Mine]
That God is exalted as holy,
sovereign and all-wise!