“There is nothing too hard for You!” Jeremiah 32:17
There is nothing too hard for God to EFFECT…
- I know that You can do everything.
- Is anything too hard for Me, says the Lord?
- He does according to His will among the armies of Heaven, and the inhabitants of the earth.
- He works all things after the counsel of His own will.
Nothing is too hard for God — no change in providence, however, it may appear improbable, or impossible to us. He could bring water out of the flinty rock. He could supply quail to satisfy the wants, and gratify the lusts of His people in the desert. He could feed Elijah for twelve months by ravens, and for two years and a half more by a handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in the widow’s cruse. He could inundate Samaria with plenty — in the midst of famine and fearful desolation.
If He wills it . . .
- the fire shall not burn the three Hebrew youth,
- nor the lions injure Daniel,
- nor death hold Lazarus in the tomb.
What He has done — He can do; for He is immutable. And if necessary for the glory of His name — He will do it, for He will not allow His name to be polluted.
“Providence” is simply God at work — at work for . . .
- the accomplishment of His decrees,
- the fulfillment of His promises,
- the manifestation of His character, and
- the present and eternal welfare of His people.
He can . . .
- give whatever we need,
- do whatever we need, and
- glorify Himself in giving to us, and working for us!
(James Smith, “Nothing Too Hard for God!” 1864) From Grace Gems.
Providence is simply God at work!